Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Two new articles about trans women in queer women's communities

So in the last two days, two articles have come out about how trans women are often excluded from, or made to feel unwelcome within, lesbian and queer women's communities.

The dyke-oriented magazine/website Velvetpark just published my piece "How to Be an Ally to Trans Women." It is an excerpt from my new book Excluded: Making Feminist and Queer Movements More Inclusive, which officially comes out October 1st, but may appear in stores as early as mid-September, so keep an eye out for it!

The other article appears in the Huffington Post, and is called "Are Queer Women Leaving Trans Women Behind?" Several trans women are interviewed in it, including myself.

Some much needed attention for an issue that is often overlooked or ignored... -j.

1 comment:

  1. I've not a great deal of personal experience in this area, but I am a member of the London Gay Symphony Orchestra, as far as I am aware I am the sole representative of the T in LGBT, the rest are pretty much L and G and have all welcomed me and made me feel very much part of the orchestra.

    ReplyDelete